Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I have returned!

Well I am back .... I have had a busy 8 months.. some great learning, stretching times.... I was able to purchase a laptop for my birthday that I have wanted for a long time. I always thought that with a laptop I would be able to better blog and keep it up because I wouldn't have to be fighting for time on the computer. Well this summer has not proved that possible. The kids are back in school as of Monday the 16th. This will be a fun year with our oldest being a senior. We have some college fairs and trips to explore, she has already had her pictures taken so that is out of the way. Things are different this year as she has opted to only play one sport after playing 3 sports since junior high. She loves softball and that is all she wants to play this year. She is working and trying to save up money and concentrating on her grades. The days ahead will be filled with many memories. Our next daughter is a sophmore this year. Kalinda has gotten taller this summer and loves to hug me and comment on my shortness! She finished her drivers ed course so I have a chauffeur until next June when she can get her license. Now if she could only get a job. She is getting discouraged because she has filled out a ton of applications but many have said until she is 16 they can't hire her. So we wait for December when she will turn 16. Kameron is an eighth grader and wants to play sports so badly. But until his schedule frees up some that is going to have to be a dream for the spring. He keeps busy walking our neighbors dog, Destiny, and mowing his lawn. Lastly, Kaitlyn entered the 4th grade. She has a great teacher and I am praying this is the year the light bulb comes on and things begin to make sense. She took the summer off of playing softball but is looking forward to playing basketball this winter. She uses alot of her free time to shoot baskets and work on her dribbling. "She wants to be good!", she says. She has kept me busy this summer with her two friends. She even got to go to Indianapolis with her friend and see the Barbie exhibit at the Children's Museum and go to the Indianapolis Zoo.

I am looking forward again to subbing this year. I had to stop in April so I could homeschool my son, and I realized how much I missed the variety and the students. But until that picks up I am enjoying getting some projects done around the house and drinking in the quiet that is my house as I wish my kids goodbye for school. I sit down at my kitchen table with my cup of coffee and breathe a big sigh and let it all sink in!!! I am reminded that in the quiet I can hear the still small voice of my Savior speaking His love words to my heart.

Mike has been very busy at his work. Which was a God-send with my not subbing since April, but it has been very draining on him. He has worked 6 days a week, averaging 12 hours a day. He has had only 3 Saturdays off since March. He is hopeful that things will be changing soon and they will get their Saturdays free.

God has been so FAITHFUL over the past 8 months. Our family has been through some rough waters but I do believe we are emerging in better shape than when we began... We have made some great strides. We are looking forward to a great year and enjoying our times spent as a family as that will change sooner than we think with the graduation of Katrina. As stated in my January post I am still desiring to perfect something and say I have accomplished something in 2010. I have only 3 more months to go.. I better get on it!!!

Thanks for stopping by...

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment