Monday, February 2, 2009

A Great Read...

Our Ladies Bible Study is going through the book "When I lay my Isaac down" by Carol Kent. I was only suppose to be reading the 1st chapter so we could discuss it this week, but I can't put it down. It is a story of unshakable faith in unthinkable circumstances using the well known Bible story of Abraham and Isaac. I think I am daily amazed at Bible... God's precious Word to us and how no matter how much you think you know, new nuggets come to the surface everytime you read it. Sometimes it is easy to just skim over a passage and not stop and look at it from different aspects... to put yourself in the shoes of the Bible character... to understand the underlying truth that God is trying to get us to understand and learn. When you take the story of Abraham and Isaac and the personal faith that went through each step, each action in following God's command to sacrifice his only son. In the days ahead as time allows I would like to share some of the nuggets of truths that I am gleaning from going through this study. Keep checking back for new insights.

No comments:

Post a Comment